Carmeuse Brasil’s quicklime has high reactivity, high content of available calcium oxide, grain sizes suitable for the steelmaking process, besides the low concentration of undesirable elements, such as phosphorus and sulfur.
Why use Carmeuse Brasil’s quicklime in steelmaking?
- Optimizes slag chemistry;
- Removes impurities such as sulfur and phosphorus;
- Maintains slag viscosity to increase heat production;
- Reduces energy costs by insulating the bath;
- Prevents the electrodes from damaging the tank.