Agricultural hydrated lime is obtained by hydrating quicklime. It has a neutralizing action similar to quicklime and provides calcium and magnesium to crops. Its components are calcium hydroxide and magnesium hydroxide and are presented in the form of a fine powder.
Why use Carmeuse Brasil’s hydrated lime in agriculture?
- It provides a safer source of calcium, because no heat is generated as a result of the reaction caused when adding water;
- Can be used as dry calcium hydroxide powder or mixed on site with water to make milk of lime;
- Reduces soil acidity;
- Increases nutrient availability;
- Reduces the presence of aluminum;
- Provides more phosphorus.