The use of limestone is a modern agricultural technique used to correct soil acidity, and is very widespread and recommended to improve the productivity of agricultural crops. The product is rich in calcium carbonate, used to improve chemical properties and enhance soil fertility.
Why use calcitic limestone in agricultural activities?
- pH increase;
- High calcium carbonate content;
- Reduction or elimination of the toxic effects of aluminum, manganese, and iron;
- Increased availability and greater utilization of nutrients;
- Increased fertilizer response potential;
- Increased microbial activity, which enhances organic matter mineralization and nitrogen fixation;
- Improved soil physical properties, implying greater aeration and water circulation, aiding root and plant development;
- Better root system development.